Sunday, March 29, 2020

Update - March 28, 2020

Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to provide you with an update.  The teachers recently had a virtual meeting with Dr. Ackell, and he provided us with some important information.

The 3rd marking period is now over.  3rd mp grades will be finalized by Friday, April 3rd. If your student has already sent me updates about Study Island topic completion, those grades will be updated in CSIU. If you have not sent updates, those topics will not be counted in the student's grade. Missing Study Island topics will not adversely affect a student's grade. Grades are going to be based only on what was due prior to the closure. Everyone will be receiving extra credit for the March Madness book project. Again, grades will be posted by Friday, April 3rd, and report cards sent home sometime shortly after that.

I have some details about what to expect moving forward.  On Monday or Tuesday, you will be getting a phone call from your student's homeroom teacher.  The teacher will ask you some questions and assist you with technology needs and discuss with you the plan for continuing your student's education during the school closure.

I have set up Google Classrooms for all of my classes.  Students can go on Google Classroom to accept the invite or to their NS gapps email account to accept the invite. They will automatically be added to the class once they click to accept the invite. There will be an assignment available every week on Google Classroom. It is optional, and it will not be graded; however, we advise that you have your student log on and complete the work.  Though it is not technically graded, I will still provide feedback to each student.  As a district, we are offering review and enrichment during the school closure.  In order to maintain continuity of learning, I ask that you have your student participate. If your student needs assistance on joining the Google Classroom, please email me at your convenience.

In addition to Google Classroom, I will be holding office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00-3:00 in Google Hangouts.  I will be sending you more information about how to access my office hours over the next few days.

For those of you without Internet access, we will be providing printed packets.  More information about packet distribution will be coming out in the phone call you receive on Monday or Tuesday.

I ask that you hold off on any other questions until after your homeroom teacher calls you on Monday or Tuesday.  Please know that I understand that these are difficult times for all, and I plan to be very flexible with 3rd marking period grades and moving forward.

Thank you,
Mrs. Leib

No comments:

Post a Comment