Monday (10/15): Work on TDA writing assignment (The Medicine Bag).
· Study Island Textual evidence topic is due at the end of the day on Wednesday.
Tuesday (10/16): Finish TDA assignment and proofread, edit, revise as needed. Students must turn in their essay by the start of class tomorrow.
· Study Island – textual evidence is due by the end of the day Wednesday.
Wednesday (10/17): Turn in TDA essay and bug organizer. Study Island – new lesson on introduce and conclude topics in writing. Lesson notes and group session.
· Study Island – Independent practice: finish textual evidence if needed (due by the end of the day) and work on individual practice with introduce and conclude topics in writing (due by end of the day Friday).
Thursday (10/18): Intro to the next text selections (You are the electric boogaloo and just be yourself), p. 44 (jump start discussion) and concept vocab. Annotation packets as we perform our first read of each of these letters.
· Study Island – Individual practice on introduce and conclude topics in writing (due Friday).
Friday (10/19): Annotation packets on the letters (you are the electric boogaloo and just be yourself). Complete comprehension check questions on page 49 and discuss. Complete analyze the text questions on page 50 and concept vocab./word study on page 50.
· Study Island – Individual practice: finish introduce and conclude topics in writing (due by the end of the day today).
Essential Question (Unit 1): What are some milestones on the path to growing up?